Backflow Prevention in Las Vegas, NV and Surrounding Areas
Backflow prevention is essential for protecting the public water supply and preventing the contamination of drinking water. When backflow occurs, polluted water can flow back into the clean water supply, posing a serious health risk to the community.
In Las Vegas, NV, backflow prevention devices are required by law for a variety of commercial and residential properties. Hawthorne Plumbing Heating & Cooling is a licensed and experienced backflow prevention contractor that can help you ensure that your property is in compliance with all applicable regulations.
Need Backflow Prevention in Las Vegas, NV ?
Call Hawthorne Plumbing, Heating & Cooling for outstanding repairs, tune-ups, installations, and more!
What Is Backflow and Why Is Backflow Prevention Important?
Backflow is the undesired reverse flow of water into the public water supply. Backflow can occur for a variety of reasons, including:
- Cross-Connections: A cross-connection is any physical connection between a potable water line and a non-potable water line. Non-potable water lines can carry a variety of contaminants, including sewage, wastewater, and chemicals. If a cross-connection exists, contaminated water can flow back into the potable water supply during a backflow event.
- Backpressure: Backpressure occurs when the pressure in a non-potable water line exceeds the pressure in the potable water line. This can happen due to a variety of factors, such as a blocked or clogged pipe. If backpressure occurs, contaminated water can flow back into the potable water supply.
- Backsiphonage: Backsiphonage occurs when a vacuum is created in the potable water line. This can happen due to a sudden drop in water pressure, such as a broken water main or a burst pipe. If back siphonage occurs, air can be drawn into the potable water line, which can cause contaminated water to be sucked back into the system.
Backflow prevention is important because it helps to protect the public water supply and prevent the contamination of drinking water. Backflow contamination can lead to a variety of serious health problems, including gastrointestinal illness, respiratory problems, and skin infections.
Types of Backflow Prevention Devices
There are a variety of different types of backflow prevention devices available. The type of device that is required for your property will depend on the specific backflow risks that are present.
Some of the most common types of backflow prevention devices include:
- Air Gaps: An air gap is the simplest and most effective type of backflow prevention device. An air gap is a vertical separation between the end of a water supply pipe and the highest point of the water in the receiving vessel. The air gap must be at least 1 inch in size.
- Reduced Pressure Zone (RPZ) Valves: RPZ valves are complex devices that protect against both back pressure and back siphonage. RPZ valves are required for high-risk applications, such as irrigation systems and fire sprinkler systems.
- Double Check Valves: Double check valves are two check valves that are installed in series. Double-check valves are typically used for medium-risk applications, such as hose bib faucets and washing machine connections.
Backflow Prevention Requirements in Las Vegas, NV
Backflow prevention devices in Las Vegas, NV are required by law for a variety of commercial and residential properties. Some of the properties that are required to have backflow prevention devices include:
- Office buildings
- Apartment buildings
- Single-family homes with irrigation systems or fire sprinkler systems
It is important to note that the specific backflow prevention requirements may vary depending on the location and type of property. It is always best to check with your local water authority or a licensed plumber to ensure that your property is in compliance with all applicable regulations.
Why Choose Hawthorne Plumbing Heating & Cooling?
There are many reasons why you should choose Hawthorne Plumbing Heating & Cooling for your backflow prevention needs in Las Vegas, NV. Here are just a few:
- We Are Licensed and Insured: All of our technicians are licensed and insured, so you can be confident that your backflow prevention work will be done safely and properly.
- We Have Years of Experience: Our technicians have years of experience in backflow prevention, so they know how to install, test, and repair backflow prevention devices correctly.
- We Offer a Wide Range of Services: We offer a wide range of backflow prevention services, from installation to testing to repair and replacement.
- We Have Competitive Pricing: We offer competitive pricing on all of our backflow prevention services.
- We Offer Excellent Customer Service: We understand your time is valuable, so we offer fast and efficient service. We also offer 24/7 emergency service, so you can rest assured that we will be there when you need us most.
Contact Us Today
Your water supply is a vital resource, and its purity should never be compromised. Hawthorne Plumbing Heating & Cooling is here to protect it. Contact us today for all your backflow prevention needs. Let us be your trusted guardian in ensuring the purity of your water supply in the vibrant city of Las Vegas, NV.